For the longest time, I used to pester my husband about the truth that he didn’t like ketchup. I simply couldn’t wrap my thoughts round this. We might cross out to breakfast at IHOP and whilst I might slather my hash browns in ketchup, he would pour maple syrup on them. Which, in my very humble opinion, is simply now not proper. After we’d have fries, he would use barbeque or steak sauce on them–the rest however ketchup. I nagged him and nagged him to present ketchup some other shot and when he in any case did, he admitted it wasn’t that dangerous. However he nonetheless wasn’t loopy about it and he nonetheless most popular maple syrup on his hash browns.
Once I noticed a recipe for cranberry ketchup in Cooking Gentle, I made up our minds that home made ketchup could be the easiest way to get my husband totally onboard the ketchup teach. Somewhat than the usage of the bottom purple pepper prompt by means of the unique recipe, I opted so as to add chipotle chiles as an alternative. I stay those readily available within the freezer–after we purchase a can of them, we puree them and freeze for long term use. It’s a good way so as to add somewhat warmth to no matter you’re cooking. Anyway, the chipotle and adobo aggregate provides the ketchup a pleasing, smoky taste that pairs completely with baked candy potato fries. My husband is now a believer within the energy of ketchup–or a minimum of cranberry chipotle ketchup.
Cranberry Chipotle Ketchup
- 1 2/three c. recent cranberries
- half of c. packed brown sugar
- half of c. chopped shallots
- 1/four c. cider vinegar
- 1/four c. water
- half of tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (kind of is ok–use what you’re ok with)
- Mix all substances in a medium saucepan over medium-high warmth. Deliver to a boil and prepare dinner 10 mins or till thick, stirring from time to time.
- Take away from warmth and make allowance to chill for roughly 10 mins. Procedure till clean in a blender or meals processor (I used an immersion blender). Switch to bowl; duvet and sit back.