Kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms, change the beef on this wholesome, goodness-packed slow-cooker stew. And don’t fear! The warmth remains to be there with the addition of Cajun seasoning and sizzling sauce. In the event you’re now not adverse to meatless sausage, Box Roast’s Mexican Chipotle Sausage can be a good way so as to add some warmth (and a bit of pretend meat) too.
Gradual Cooker Vegetarian Gumbo
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook dinner Time: Eight hours
- Overall Time: Eight hours 20 mins
- Yield: Four-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.Five-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and tired
- Eight oz.. white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small zucchini, reduce into thick part moons
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to style
- Scorching sauce and cooked rice, for serving
- Warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a Dutch oven over medium warmth. Upload the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook dinner till softened and simply starting to brown, Eight-10 mins. Switch veggies to a Four-6 quart sluggish cooker.
- Go back the Dutch oven to the stovetop and warmth the rest tablespoon of oil in it. Stir within the flour and cook dinner, stirring continuously, till it’s golden brown, about Four mins. Pour within the broth and produce to a boil; as soon as the broth has come to a boil, switch it to the sluggish cooker. Upload all the closing substances to the sluggish cooker except for the new sauce and cooked rice.
- Duvet the sluggish cooker and cook dinner on low for 6-Eight hours. As soon as the gumbo has completed cooking, take away the bay leaf and upload extra salt and pepper to style if wanted. Serve over rice with sizzling sauce.