Again within the day, when I used to be all anti-establishment and down with the person, I might have by no means discovered myself participating in Black Friday insanity. However this yr, I’m counting down the times to Black Friday as a result of we want a brand new sofa. Couches are pricey! Gross sales on couches are excellent! Are you aware what 4 cats can do to an affordable sofa in 3 years? Horrible issues. Oh, the horror. (Cats: Because of this we will’t have great issues.) So sure, I’m doing the Black Friday factor this yr. 20-year-old me would wish to kick 32-year-old me within the shin.
Something I gained’t be doing the day after Thanksgiving is consuming leftovers as a result of, because it’s simply the 2 people for Thanksgiving this yr, I made up our minds to not make a large dinner. Unhappy, proper?! Now that we are living a number of states away, it sort of feels foolish to head house for Thanksgiving after which return a month later for Christmas, so we’re choosing Christmas this yr. However in the event you do occur to have Thanksgiving dinner leftovers, avoid wasting cranberry sauce to make this Leftover Cranberry Sauce Bread.
Sure! You set the sauce within the bread! It needs to be the chunky type, now not the jellied selection, after all. My mother went vegan previous this yr and over the summer season, she despatched me a number of her well-known fast bread recipes so I may just veganize them. I’m extra of a cook dinner than a baker, however I had a good time working out tips on how to take the dairy and eggs out of all of her recipes. I additionally controlled to chop the sugar in maximum of them and upload entire wheat flour too. I used to be beautiful darn pleased with myself and once I despatched the recipes again to my mother, all of them were given her seal of approval. Which is a reasonably large deal.
This can be a variation of my mother’s strawberry bread. I swapped out the strawberries for a cup of cranberry sauce and it really works out completely. And in the event you nonetheless have leftover sauce after making the bread, you’ll serve it with a spoonful of cranberries on most sensible.
Extra Cranberry Sauce Issues!
Should you’re searching for different concepts, a couple of years in the past I posted nine Techniques to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce. And in the event you’re nonetheless wanting a cranberry sauce recipe, listed below are two that I will vouch for:
Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce // The name of the game element is ginger beer!
Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce // I made this remaining week (and it’s the sauce I used on this bread!) and it’s scrumptious.
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Bread
Use your leftover cranberry sauce to make this straightforward dairy-free fast bread!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook dinner Time: 35 mins
- Overall Time: 45 mins
- Yield: three mini loaves
- 2 tablespoons flooring flax seeds
- 1/2 cup heat water
- three/four cup entire wheat flour
- three/four cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon flooring cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/three cup granulated sugar
- 0.33 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (now not the jellied type!)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the bottom flax and water in a small bowl; put aside. Whisk the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium blending bowl. In any other medium blending bowl, whisk the coconut milk into the sugar till creamed. Slowly pour within the coconut oil, whisking to include it into the sugar aggregate. Stir within the flax aggregate and vanilla extract, then pour the rainy elements into the dry elements and stir till simply blended. Fold within the cranberries.
- Use an oil mister to spray three mini loaf pans (three x five.75 inches) with oil or grease them with coconut oil. Divide the combination into the three pans. Bake for 30-35 mins, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out blank. Cool for five mins, then take away the loaves from the bread pans and end cooling on a rack.
In case your cranberry sauce has numerous liquid in it, drain a few of it off prior to including it to the bread batter. I used this recipe for the sauce. I haven’t examined this actual bread recipe with a big loaf pan, however I’ve examined it with the strawberry model I’m adapting it from and a big loaf takes 45-60 mins to bake.